We all know the impact of GoNoodle’s movement videos, but did you know that GoNoodle’s mindfulness videos are just as beneficial for helping students succeed throughout the school day? Through breathing, stretching, and meditative exercises, mindfulness aims to help students gain awareness of the present moment and their bodies and emotions. Research has shown that mindfulness helps to reduce stress, improve focus, regulate emotions, and boost confidence.
Below are suggested videos and opportunities to integrate mindfulness into your classroom so you can help your students stay in tune with their minds and bodies, and channel their energy in positive and empowering ways. You can also refer to and remind your students of the language and concepts used in the videos throughout the school day.
Morning Meeting Motivations
Start your students’ day off right with these energizing stretching, breathing, and code switching videos.
- Take on the Day on the Think About It Channel (Great for grades K-5 )
- Get Energized on the Empower Tools Channel (Great for grades 3-5)
- Fit the Sitch on the Blazer Fresh Channel (Great for grades 1-5)
Imagine being asked to jump straight from an exercise class into reading a novel, or straight from lunch with a friend into grading papers. We all need transitions to help orient our bodies and minds for the task ahead. Try these stretching, breathing, and calming videos after lunch, recess, or other transitions to help transform excited, active energy into calm, focused energy.
- Let’s Unwind on the Flow Channel (Great for grades 2-5)
- Find Peace on the Think About It Channel (Great for grades: K-5 )
- Strengthen Your Focus on the Empower Tools Channel (Great for grades 2-5)
Give your students tools to work through feelings of anxiety and nervousness around new routines and activities or before a test or quiz. Boost confidence and relieve stress with these meditative, breathing, and stretching videos.
- Snake Breath on the Moose Tube Channel (Great for grades K-5)
- Victorious on the Flow Channel (Great for grades 3-5)
- Relieve Anxiety on the Empower Tools Channel (Great for grades 1-5)